Course Title: ‘A better understanding of Children with CP and similar neurodevelopmental conditions and principles to improve their coordination’
For the benefit of paediatric Therapists new or experienced (PT, OT, SLT) who wish to gain new knowledge and insights that open the opportunity to further develop excellent clinical reasoning and treatment skills, for the treatment of children with CP and similar neurodevelopmental conditions.
Thought-provoking, stimulating and interactive, including analysis of numerous videos of clients with various presentations.
- Understand key mechanisms that will improve the child’s ability to learn and progress, whilst avoiding (or delaying) a plateau effect.
- See how it is possible to target where the problem originates i.e. improving the function of: Basal Ganglia for clients with Dyskinetic CP / White Matter for clients with PVL, …
- Observe and analyse various therapeutic activities that improve the way the brain is functioning following an initial insult and subsequent reorganisation.
With this 2-Day Course, you will be introduced to M.A.E.S. Therapy and have an overview of the content that is developed during the 4-Week Foundation Course and gain an understanding of the clinical reasoning that defines the M.A.E.S. Approach.
MAES Therapy is a pioneering evidence-based approach, underpinned by practice evidence, patient evidence and contextual evidence from 30 years’ expert clinical and teaching experience world-wide and focusing on excellent treatment skills.
Dates: Friday 9 & Saturday 10 February 2024
Each day 08.00 – 16.00 Hrs (UK Time)
Venue: On line, live and interactive via Zoom
Format: The course will be presented in English and will include lectures and videos analysis of a variety of presentations of CP
Course Lead By: Jean-Pierre Maes MCSP, Founder & Director MAES Therapy International
and M.A.E.S. Team
Course Fee: Only £295 GBP – for 2 full days of high quality training
Course Participant Attendance:
Course Participants are aware that they must attend the 2 days in full. Part attendance is not allowed.
To introduce participants to:
- An understanding of why missing skills has long-term consequences on the ability to participate in activities of everyday life (including mobility, self-care, play and communication).
- Appreciate the necessity of providing the child with a different path for development by acting on the primary cause of the limitation, rather than concentrating on targeting the visible symptoms.
- Understand the application of the MAES Therapy framework to develop individualised treatment strategies for each child.
- Understand the need for therapists to develop a wide repertoire of strategies to enable the child to develop a wider repertoire of ways to solve problems.
To apply for a place or for further information please contact:
Jonathan Salsbury MIoD, Development Director
M.A.E.S. Therapy International
T: 07787 435790