MAES Introduction Course – Krynica Zdrój, Poland 2021
MAES Therapy – Warsztaty wprowadzające
“Lepsze zrozumienie dzieci w porażeniem mózgowym i podobnymi zaburzeniami neuro-rozwojowymi.”
Gain new knowledge and insights that open the opportunity to further develop clinical reasoning and excellent treatment skills.
‘A deeper and better understanding of Children with Cerebral Palsy and similar neurodevelopmental conditions and principles to improve their coordination’
An Introduction course for Paediatric Therapists new or experienced (Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech & Language Therapists) who wish to specialise or further specialise and develop their clinical reasoning and treatment skills for the treatment of children with neurodevelopmental conditions.
Dates: Sunday 16 May & Monday 17 May 2021 2-Day Course
Venue: Online via Zoom. Live and interactive.
Krynica-Zdrój is the biggest spa town in Poland often called the Pearl of Polish Spas, situated in the heart of the Beskids mountain range, Southern Poland.
Course Leader: Jean-Pierre Maes MCSP, Consultant Neuro-Developmental Physiotherapist,
Founder & Director MAES Therapy
Course Fee: PLN 1,000 zł
Course Format: The course will include lectures and videos analysis of a variety of presentations of CP.
It will be presented in English and translated to Polish.
To introduce participants to:
- An understanding of why missing specific components of coordination have long-term consequences on the ability to participate in activities of everyday life (including mobility, self-care, play and communication).
- Appreciate the necessity of providing the child with a different path for development by acting upon the process of development, rather than the obvious symptoms
- The MAES Therapy framework: a specific framework for identifying the relationship between skills and tasks and its relevance in understanding the reasons for atypical patterns of coordination for each child with Cerebral Palsy.
- Understand the application of the MAES Therapy framework to develop individualised treatment strategies for each child.
- Understand the need for therapists to develop a wide repertoire of strategies to enable the child to learn new ways that he would have difficulty with, or would not be able to develop on his own.
To apply for a place or for further information please contact:
Local Course Organiser:
Monika Korfanty PT – REHAMAX
M: +48 512 220 494
M.A.E.S. Therapy – A new and different dimension to the treatment and management of children with Cerebral Palsy and similar neuro-developmental conditions, based upon 30 years’ expert clinical and teaching experience worldwide with a strong focus on excellent treatment skills.