Movement Analysis & Education Strategies
for the Treatment of Children with Cerebral Palsy and similar neuro-developmental conditions’
A specialist course for Paediatric Therapists who want to gain new knowledge and develop excellent clinical reasoning and treatment skills in relation to children with Cerebral Palsy and similar neurodevelopmental conditions.
Podyplomowy kurs dla terapeutów pediatrycznych(PT, OT, SLT) którzy chcą zdobyć nowe umiejętności I wiedzę dotyczącą pracy z dziećmi z zaburzeniami neurologicznymi
A new and pioneering approach based upon 30 years’ expert clinical and teaching experience world-wide and focusing on excellent treatment skills.
- Learn to treat dynamically
- Develop creative thinking
- Gain new ways to inform and guide parents
- Acquire new observation and analytical skills
- Develop an extensive repertoire of new treatment strategies
Become an Expert: Following successful completion of this course, therapists will be able to provide an expert, individualised ‘hands-on’ treatment to promote the development of skills in terms of mobility, hand function, constructive play, interaction and communication, for each child with Cerebral Palsy.
Uczestnicy ukończyli ten ekscytujący kurs z nowym rozeznaniem, wiedzą oraz klinicznymi umiejętnościami do prowadzenia terapii dzieci z Mózgowym Porażeniem Dziecięcym i podobnymi zaburzeniami neuro-rozwojowymi oraz znalezienia sposobu na zapewnienie bardziej zindywidualizowanej terapii dla każdego dziecka, jak również, zaangażowania w tym rodziców w życiu codziennym.
Part 1: 13 – 24 March 2023 Online – live and interactive via Zoom
Part 2: 11 – 21 April 2023 Face-to-Face
Week 1 13 – 17 March
Week 2 20 – 24 March
Week 3 11 – 15 April (Tuesday to Saturday)
Week 4 17 – 21 April
2 x 2 -Week ( 20 Days) Postgraduate course, in two parts of two weeks.
The period between Parts 1 and 2 is to ensure participants put into practice and consolidate the knowledge and skills gained in Part 1, before returning for Part 2.
Venue for Part 2: Poznań – exact venue to be confirmed.
Course Participants: up to 16 max. only
Regular/Late Registration: 15,500 PLN
Early Bird: 14,000 PLN
5% Discount per person for any two or more work colleagues that register together.
First come first served and a non-refundable deposit of PLN 2,500 secures your place.
Early Bird deadline ends 20 November 2022
Regular/ Late Registration full amount due by 1 February 2023
This certified course is very ‘hands-on’. The format will include theoretical lectures, treatment demonstrations, workshops, case presentations and supervised daily practical sessions with patients during weeks 3 and 4.
Unique of its kind, this course has a strong emphasis on high-level observation, analysis and clinical skills. There is an unusually high level of supervised practical sessions, with a wide variety of case presentations, giving depth and breadth to the learning experience. The course is specially designed to give participants time to translate theory into clinical practice and become expert in handling and managing their clients with neuro-developmental conditions.
Course Participant’s Criteria:
Participants must be experienced Paediatric Therapists (Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists) or medical Doctors (paediatricians, neurologists), with at least two years experience in treating children with Cerebral Palsy and similar neurological conditions. The course will appeal to therapists who are about to take their first postgraduate course in the field of Cerebral Palsy as well as to very experienced therapists who have already taken several specialist courses (e.g. Conductive Education, Vojta, NDT-Bobath, Sensory Integration, etc.).
Course Presented by Founder & Director Jean-Pierre Maes MCSP and MAES Team
For further information and to apply, contact:
Joanna Brudlo-Semeniuk, Neurodevelopmental Physiotherapist (Polish speaking)
M: 0044 7877 033521
Jonathan Salsbury MIoD Development Director
M.A.E.S. Therapy International
M: 0044 7787 435790
This course aims to:
- Provide a ‘Framework’ for an effective assessment and better understanding of the challenges and needs of children with Cerebral Palsy (CP) and similar neurodevelopmental conditions
- Gain expertise in analysis of coordination and effective and structured clinical reasoning skills.
- Analyse Tasks in term of fine and gross motor, sensory, perceptual, biomechanical and cognitive components.
- Relate the quality of execution of given tasks to the specific skills that the child has been able to develop and use to accomplish these tasks.
- Predict motor behaviour (prognosis) based upon an in-depth analysis of typical presentations associated to spastic hypertonia, dyskinetic CP, ataxia, hypotonia and CP associated with preterm birth.
- Understand the short and long-term consequences for the child to engage in complex activities, when the skills available are missing and consequently for therapists to establish priorities and short and long-term treatment plans to change the child’s natural course of development.
- Develop high-level problem-solving skills to provide each child with specific sensory-motor experiences to make best use of their own potential for improvement.
- Prioritise and identify which specific skills a child is missing and that need to be promoted and at the same time discouraging the compensatory strategies this child is over-relying upon and which prevents the development of more advanced skills.
- Expand creative thinking and develop an extensive repertoire of treatment strategies and skills, which can then be applied more confidently in a range of situations to enable the child to learn new ways that he would have difficulty or not be able to develop on his own.
- Effectively inform and guide parents during treatment sessions, including the use of toys for play and advise them how to best interact with their child during activities of daily living in a home environment.